Skilled Craftsman Job Description
The Skilled Carpenter will have a minimum five years’ experience in rough, finish carpentry and other areas of residential construction. As the front line in achieving company goals, the Skilled Carpenter must focus on product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Knowledge of construction methods and various trades such as demolition, framing, basic HVAC / Electrical / Plumbing, underlayment, drywall hanging, taping and finishing, painting, flooring installation, finish carpentry (trim, case, base, shoe, crown, cabinet installation), window, door and siding installation.
- Solve math problems quickly and accurately.
- Expects quality control and ensures that laborers follow company objectives.
- Has basic knowledge of applicable building codes.
- Ability to interact and communicate well with the Client, Manager, and Subcontractors throughout the job.
- Independent worker with great attention to detail.
- Proactive communication with Owner(s) on all details of job(s).
- Provide solutions/ideas to resolve laborer, customer or subcontractor complaints to Owner(s) expeditiously
- Good Attitude
Skilled carpenter is responsible for the successful completion of the jobs given to them, which includes completing on time, and maintaining a high level of quality, safety, and professional communication. Carpenters work indoors and outdoors, sometimes in tight spaces and must be able to adapt to conditions and circumstances. They work with various hand tools and must keep their tools and worksite in a clean, safe condition as per company guidelines The Skilled Carpenter may need to deal with customer requests, questions, and inquires in a polite and business-like manner.
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting equipment (up to 80 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing, or walking.
- Must be able to safely use manual tools and power equipment.
- Must have own basic carpentry tools and reliable transportation – van/truck/car.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Provide own cell phone.
Get in Touch!
We want to talk with you. You can give us a call at 816-942-3239 or click the button below to go to our contact page. We would love to help you with your project.